Asheville/Hendersonville Escorted Premier Wine Tour
*PLEASE NOTE OUR 2013 SEASON BEGINS MARCH 16, 2013 AND RUNS Till December. .
Many visitors to Western North Carolina are surprised at
the number of vineyards and wineries that we have located here. Out of the more than 124 wineries in the state of North Carolina, over 20 are found in the
mountains. Commonly planted varieties include Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet
Franc, Merlot, Syrah, Chambourcin, Chardonnay, Viognier, Sauvignon Blanc,
Riesling, Seyval Blanc and Vidal Blanc.
The largest and probably the most well known winery in the Mountain area is that
of the world famous Biltmore House . The Biltmore House has been in operation
since May of 1985, when the Biltmore Estate Wine Company opened its 6.5 million
dollar state of the art winery to the public. In the beginning small quantities of wine produced
from experimental vineyards were first sold to Biltmore and to the Biltmore's visitors in 1977.
Now, current production averages 100,000 gallons of over a dozen different varietal wines,
utilizing grapes from the estate's 75 acres of vinifera grapes, other North
Carolina vineyards and juice from California. For visitors to Western North
Carolina who are interested in wines and wine making, a visit to this
world-class winery is a must-see on any travel itinerary BUT not the only! Our Asheville/Hendersonville route will introduce you to the other places you may have not otherwise found on your own! While many visit The Yadkin Valley to see and be seen, our Asheville/Hendersonville route is the road less traveled with an unpretentious appeal. Here you’ll find small boutique wineries with diverse landscapes and engaging personalities.
Travels In Wine also, offers personalized multiple-day itineraries for your winetasting whirlwind, culinary extravaganza, rejuvenating retreat or exhilarating escape so come and let us show you Our Mountain Wine Country.
Asheville/Hendersonville Wine Tour includes:
- Enjoy your Scenic Chauffeured ride, while you take in the views of the season
- Friendly & Very Knowledgeable Guide
- Guided behind the scenes visits, tasting's at 3 to 4 selected- exclusive wineries/vineyards of North Carolinas most spectacular vineyards, meeting the winemakers and owners who have become our friends, tasting the fruits of their labor, hearing the history of North Carolinas wine country, learning about each of the grape varietal's grown here.
- Champagne Breakfast served as you arrive to check in, breakfast includes Mimosa's & pastries
- Enjoy a delightful Gourmet lunch that includes Turkey with a cranberry relish on pumpernickel bread, and a garden fresh salad with your choice of poppy seed dressing or apple walnut dressing, overlooking the vineyard (weather permitting)
- Experience the intimate blend of Wine Pairing with Chocolate
- Cheese & cracker plate at final vineyard
- Plenty of Bottled Water for you throughout the day
- All tasting/tour fees
- Educational material
- Come as strangers but leave as friends!
What is NOT included with this Tour:
- Guides Gratuity
- Extra wine during the day. (Wine, other than what we have prearranged for the tastings can be ordered separately by you and put on your own tab).
- Travelers Insurance
Special Notes Regarding Tours
*Each Hendersonville/Asheville tour includes the morning starting off with Mimosa's and pastries followed by a gourmet turkey sandwich with cranberry relish on pumpernickel bread and accompanied by a fresh garden salad with your choice of poppy seed dressing or an apple walnut dressing for lunch. If you require any special dietary needs please let us know ahead of time so that we can meet those specific needs.
**Reservations must be made in advance. Please email all
reservations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you leave your name,
telephone number, requested date, requested route and the amount of people.
***Departure leaves promptly at 11 a.m. and is approximately a 6 to 6 1/2 hour day but will vary from tour to tour. Tours designed by a certified sommelier.